If web check in is being done you don't have to waste your time at the airport. You can start right here. Select your seat. Choose and pay for seats with extra leg room, if available. Pay for your baggage if such charges apply. Get your boarding pass already at home or at the office. If you travel with more than hand luggage you can just drop your bags at special counters. These are only available for passengers with a boarding pass. Time is priceless and this is the best solution to avoid long queues at the counters. This procedure is easy. Many carriers now have introduced web service. This is always available from 24 hours before departure. Sometimes even earlier. Low cost carriers may require that passengers must use this service online. They may impose additional charges for those who not only drop their baggage at the airport but require check-in service. Or for those who may need a reprint of the boarding pass. Ask your travel agent when you make the reservation.
Here are some answers to frequently asked questions.
When can I use online check in?
- If you have an electronic ticket
- If you are not traveling in a group of more than 9 people
- If you are not a special needs passenger (ie. Handicapped, Unaccompanied Child etc.)
Can I check in with or without baggage?
- In case you travel with hand luggage only you may proceed directly to security inspection and the gate and you only show your home-printed
boarding pass to the agents. It is recommended that you arrive at the airport 60 minutes prior to departure as there are often queues in front of
security and immigration. Also please observe the gate closing times below.
- If you travel with luggage you don't need to check in for your flight at the regular counters but you can drop it at specially marked counters.
When should I be at the airport?
- Recommended check-in times are 60 minutes for domestic flights, 90 minutes for flights to/from the US and 3 hours for all other
international flights.Deadlines for baggage drop off are 30 minutes for domestic flights and 60 minutes for all other flights.
When should I be at the gate ?
- Passengers must be at the boarding gate latest 20 minutes before departure for domestic flights and flights to/from the US and 55 minutes