Here are some answers to frequently asked questions by passengers. .
When can I use online check in?
- If you have an electronic ticket
- If you are not traveling in a group of more than 9 people
- If you are not a special needs passenger (ie. Handicapped, Unaccompanied Child etc.)
Can I check in with or without baggage?
- In case you travel with hand luggage only you may proceed directly to security inspection and the gate and you only show your home-printed
boarding pass to the agents. It is recommended that you arrive at the airport 60 minutes prior to departure as there are often queues in front of
security and immigration. Also please observe the gate closing times below.
- If you travel with luggage you don't need to check in for your flight at the regular counters but you can drop it at specially marked counters.
When should I be at the airport?
- Deadlines for Lufthansa check-in and baggage drop off vary by countries and airports. Please find the details for your departure airport here.
When should I be at the gate ?
- Boarding times vary by airports and passengers must be at the boarding gate at the time printed on each boarding pass
check-in available from 24hours prior departure.
If check in is being done online you don't have to waste your time at the airport. You can start right here. Select your seat. Choose and pay for seats with extra leg room, if available. Pay for your baggage if such charges apply. And receive your boarding pass already at home or at the office. If you travel with more than hand luggage you can just drop your bags at special counters. These are only available for passengers with a boarding pass. Time is priceless. This is the best solution to avoid long queues at the counters. This procedure is easy as many carriers now have introduced web service. It is always available from 24 hours before departure. Sometimes even earlier. Low cost carriers may require that passengers must use this service online. They may impose additional charges for those who not only drop their baggage at the airport but, require check-in service. Or who may need a reprint of the boarding pass. Ask your travel agent when you make the reservation and/or get your ticket.